Children caring for children

Children caring for children
Abba... Heavenly Father to the fatherless

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Day 7: Dreams and a Leash

Odd combination for a title, right? A quick note about today's devotion as I am on my way to church...it is Sunday and the day begins early.

Revealed scripture:
I came so they can have real and eternal life, more and better life than they ever dreamed of. John 10:10b (MSG).

My dreams pale in comparison to what God has for me. When I think about the future I often focus on the material blessings or challenges. I need to focus only on what God does...relationships and eternal life with him. Lord help me to rest in peace and comfort that you are in control and my dreams can align with yours. It really is not the material that will bring joy.

Back to the Bible scripture:
"But now, stretch out Your hand and touch all that he has, and he will surely curse You to Your face!" So the Lord said to Satan, "Behold, all that he has is in your power; only do not lay a hand on his person."

The Lord has Satan on a leash! In God's permissive will there is only so much Satan can do to me. So I must, MUST, trust that my God will walk with us through the difficulties as we seek his dreams for us and walk towards them.

Lord,
I trust you and desire the dreams you have for our family. Help me to understand those dreams aren't focused on things, material wealth, but on your eternal purpose for our lives. When difficulty arises, and it will, recall to my mind that you are walking with me. May I focus on you and not the difficulty.

Help us to meet tuition payments this month. Be good stewards of what you have blessed us with.

Move in peoples hearts today at church. Draw us all closer to your heart.

Thanks for Mike being home safely! Thank you for family.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...