Children caring for children

Children caring for children
Abba... Heavenly Father to the fatherless

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day 9: I am the vine

I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. John 15:5 (NIV)

A long night...restless...kept hashing the events of last night...knew that God is in control...watching after us...the verse, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him and he will make straight your paths" over and over again I recited this verse. I looked past the present into the future. The emotions though are what get me. I wish I could just let things fall right off my heart...I am such a pleaser, and a worrier, and I don't like not meeting the needs of others...somehow I think I'm going to get in trouble.

And then there's Lonnie struggling with his job and waiting, waiting for the outcome. As a man and head of the family this is a frightening place for him. He is miserable.

Where would we be without the vine! As difficult as this season is for us the only thing keeping us sane is knowing that we have the vine to give us life and substance. But often the Lord prunes the branch to bear much fruit. Lord is that what we are experiencing now? Pruning? If this season in our lives is so challenging how difficult will it be when there is no immediate family there?

So much running through my mind that I am rambling.

Job.
Not by chance we are in this part of the Bible for our journey!

21 And he said, “Naked I came from my mother’s womb, and naked shall I return. The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord.” Job 1:21

God is the owner of all we have...we are the stewards. It is his home...his well...his bathroom, his career. The Earth is the Lord's and all that is in it. (Psalm) He will help us take care of it.

Psalm 27 http://bible.logos.com/passage/ESV/Ps%2027#q=&ref=Ps%2027%2Chi%3DJob%201%3A21&ver=ESV- This psalm the Lord continues to place before me the entire psalm is conforting but today especially..."The Lord is my light and my salvation whom shall I fear?" "When evil men advance against me to devour my flesh, when my enemies and my foes attack me, they will stumble and fall.....my heart will not fear"

Lord,

I am praying specifically for our family needs, Lonnie's career needs, and the the needs of North Landing to be met. Intercede please, Father. Let us hear your voice so we can follow you. As Lonnie said this morning, the 23rd Psalm says, "Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil. For you are with me." We will walk through dark, frightening valleys, but we can do so without fear because you our Father are with us. I pray that we can tangibly sense that and experience the miracle of your peace today.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...