Children caring for children

Children caring for children
Abba... Heavenly Father to the fatherless

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day 18: Gift Giver

Revealed

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. James 1:17 (NIV)

There is something powerful about the lack of money in my life. If anything is going to keep me up at night it usually revolves around thoughts of how are we going to ......." and money is involved. Pay tuition. Repair bills. Bills. Savings. Retirement. The list doesn't include the things we want...it always deals with the essentials. We live a basic life style and that perplexes me. I have had numerous conversations with the Lord regarding this. Lord, we honor you in our tithe and life style. We honor you in our service. Why then do we have to go through this?

There is something powerful about the affirmation of God's presence in my life when He meets our financial needs. Perhaps that is it. I am a concrete, hands on learner and when the Lord obviously steps in to provide our financial needs, or help us to stretch that last bit of money in the account a few days further, I notice it. I see his financial blessings. It is my belief that God uses money to teach us numerous lessons about himself because it is something we can directly see and experience.

The blessing isn't always financial. It is often manifested in things like taking a growth step in trust, hearing his voice of assurance, or spiritual perspective on needs and wants. We also live in an economy where we are faced with sever financial challenges for everyone. As Christ followers we are not immune from this and can only run to you for the help to make it through. Help in all aspects but especially emotionally and spiritually. To release the grip of money in our life.

Back to the Bible

Truly I know it is so, but how can a man be righteous before God? Job 9:2


God,
You are the giver all good things. Thank you for every blessing you give to us financially and spiritually. Thank you for caring about us enough to know when to give and when to withhold. The main blessing is the peace, the unexplainable peace that you bring to us...in times when the mountain appears unmovable. Maybe it is unmovable to us but you, oh Father, can give us spiritual tenacity to deal with the mountain.

And Lord, there is no sin in my life that you are not aware. No action or thought. Sin of commission and sin of omission. I am so thankful before your throne for the atoning death of Jesus on the cross for me. May my heart not compare my sin to another, as sin is sin in your eyes. Forgive me when I worry because I don't trust or believe that you see me and care. You are in control and will help us. The obvious and physical outcome may not be what the world would consider a successful answer to prayer. But the outcome of trusting you, knowing you more intimately, and drawing a breath closer to your heart is a blessing.

Thank you for a successful conversation yesterday with Liberty. I am trusting you in the opportunity to earn additional income from part time teaching. Use this opportunity to glorify you and use my talents for your Kingdom work to help Lonnie get to SA and us not to incur school debt. Thank you for the part time job that Lonnie will begin in a few weeks. Thank you for all this as you have opened the door for him to go on the mission trip this summer with the team. We pray for the finances to make that happen.

Praise you the Gift Giver of ALL things...seen and unseen.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...