Children caring for children

Children caring for children
Abba... Heavenly Father to the fatherless

Monday, January 25, 2010

Day 28: Something New Each Day

Revealed

Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalm 139:23-24

I rolled out of bed this morning, a little later than usual~been a long weekend~ let the dog out, fed her, poured my coffee and sat down for my Qt time. Picked up the devo book and read the scripture...I love it when the next thing happens...I read a familiar verse I've read numerous times and it jumps out at me...or at least part of it? God you are so amazing!

This morning the phrase "test me and know my anxious thoughts...." said, this is what I am doing, Debbie. You are a worry wart...you easily become anxious even though you trust me...you don't need to live a life anxious and concerned. You need to learn to be confident I am at work, release your emotions and thoughts to me. Trust me in all things."

Lord, I know it is not a sin issue per say. But it does distract me from you and what you are doing in my life. Is it possible that the financial struggles are preparing me for the mission field? I know there will be times that I don't see "how things are going to work out" but I know they will. I want to live a life of peace...not anxious worry. Thank you for revealing this to me this morning. Truly, Father, thank you for the testing that prepares me for your service. I don't always like it...enjoy...look forward to it. I do look forward to be in your will and where you will have us.

Back to the Bible

Therefore listen to me, you men of understanding: Far be it from God to do wickedness, and from the Almighty to commit iniquity. Job 34:10

Lord, there is no dark side to you as the author put it. You allow but don't commit evil. There are things that come into our lives are just part of living in this world. There are test that come but they are not in the form of evil. I praise you for your character that helps me to discern where the challenges are originating. I ask for the ability to share this concept with people that are suffering so that I can help them understand you.

Be with my "babies" today. Especially Michael's ankle. Give wisdom to the trainers, Lord. Help Mike to be cautious and wise. Thank you for Becca's call last night to see how my message went. it warmed my heart. Thank you for allowing me to minister with James and see the gifts you have given him. Be with Nanny Sue and Papa Jim. Get Nanny into the doctor so they can begin continue the healing process on her broken ankle. Thank you for our home that has allowed them to be her with us. Praise your for Jaden!

May I serve you well today, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...