Children caring for children

Children caring for children
Abba... Heavenly Father to the fatherless

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Day 23: Heart Reflection

Revealed

For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Matthew 6:21 (NIV)

My heart reveals my relationship with you...my love for you...and my stewardship demonstrates my love for you and trust in you. Help me to examine my spending as a reflection of my love for you. Help me to see needs from your perspective. May what I treasure be solely based on what you treasure.

Back to the Bible

But he knows the way that I take; when he has tried me, I shall come out as gold. Job 23;10 (ESV)

Looking back at the challenges, hard times, panics, could it be that God was teaching us, refining us? Absolutely. We have learned to rely on him for everything. We have learned that His love for us is always there even when the world and our security here are being pulled out from under us like a rug. All that we had counted on ... gone...only He was left to point the way. He picked us up and set us on our feet. He drew us in. We have learned the tangible is not as important as peace of mind and spiritual security. We have been to the place where our hearts longed to do something for the least of these...so much so that we are willing to give up all we know here and join Him there.

Father, I pray earnestly that we will remember your love for us and that through every challenge, trial, heart ache you hold the opportunity to refine us to be more as you desire.

Thank you for the coaching opportunity you have given me. May I be an instrument of encouragement and focus for Carol and your church. Thank you for the financial benefit it will bring our family. Help us to discern how you would like us to use this resource...mission trip, savings, tuition, debt. It is yours.

Bless our son as he celebrates his 25th birthday today. You have created an amazing young man that is full of potential and serves you with his whole heart. I am amazed at your grace in allowing us to parent him. How could you have loved us so much? And then to give us two more remarkable children. Be with Mike as he starts another season and both of them in this semester of school.

Be with Lonnie each day as he works. Help him to maintain joy in knowing you are there and know tomorrow is no mystery to you. You will take care of his family.

Watch over your bride, Coastal Community Church. I pray for leadership resources to carry out your work and mission. Help me to see those you desire to lead. May Coastal reach those far from you.

I continue to seek your will in timing as far as our next steps. My fleeces remain before you so that I won't miss your timing. I'm so afraid I might. Open my eyes to you at work and prompt me to respond at the correct time...not running ahead of you, nor lagging behind.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...