Children caring for children

Children caring for children
Abba... Heavenly Father to the fatherless

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Day 30:Seeing the Heart

Back to the Bible

As for the Almighty, we cannot find Him; He is excellent in power, in judgment and abundant justice; He does not oppress. Therefore men fear Him; He shows no partiality to any who are wise of heart. Job 37:23-24

Dr. Kroll writes, "If you find yourself hung up on a person's economic status or skin color, ask God to help you see past these superficial matters. Seek to know others as God does--by their heart. Have no part in partiality."

Lord, I did that yesterday. As we were considering potential Campus Pastors I look at others things too often before I consider the heart and your desire for that individual. Forgive me and I pray that I will not allow the deceiver to hush out the voice of the Holy Spirit as I seek your will and your chosen. Speak in to my heart and mind. Help me to see their heart first.

Scripture Study: 1st and 2nd Timothy

I finished the Revealed 30 day devotion. I believe I am going to read through 1st and 2nd Timothy to see how Paul mentored and raised up Timothy.

But today I read the first chapter of Jeremiah. The verses that stand out related to The Water's Edge, Coastal's emerging leaders Internship program.

It reads:
The LORD Chooses Jeremiah 4The LORD said:
5"Jeremiah, I am your Creator,
and before you were born,
I chose you to speak for me
to the nations."
6I replied, "I'm not a good speaker, LORD, and I'm too young."
7"Don't say you're too young," the LORD answered. "If I tell you to go and speak to someone, then go! And when I tell you what to say, don't leave out a word! 8I promise to be with you and keep you safe, so don't be afraid."
(CEV)

Lord, I thank you for this verse. It reminds me that you do call and select your servants. We can come up with some reasons not to do as you ask, that is for sure! But you will equip us and it is a matter of obedience to the final step...not leaving out one word. Thank you for this verse Lord.

Yesterday you continued to show your hand in our lives. I received an email from Liberty asking that I teach two courses this semester...the 8 week terms will overlap by 4 weeks in the middle but I know you have prepared me for this pace in my Ed.D. work. I praise you for your provision. It is against their usual procedure to have a new professor teach two courses. You work in mysterious ways. Father, continue to provide and show us Lord the way we should go. If you want the three us in SA this summer...provide. If you want our debt reduced...provide. The two fleeces....provide.

Be with our families this day. May they sense your presence and our love.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...