Children caring for children

Children caring for children
Abba... Heavenly Father to the fatherless

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Day 19: Storm Survival

When I am in the middle of a life storm, or even on the verge of one, it is so diffacult for me to see through the rain, wind, and turmoil that it brings. As a worry prone person I struggle to look past the circumstance to see the one that holds all things in His hands. I want to know the answers, the outcome, the future. I want to know what it is going to cost emotionally or physically, how I will survive.

Back to the Bible

Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him. Job 13:15

Job was at the bottom. The storm had hit him, and hit him hard. With severe outcome. And he still had such trust in God. How? The author, Dr. Kroll, writes "Trust is based on character, not circumstances." Job trusted the character of God to sustain. Even if it mean his life he trusted God.

In the midst of my storms I need to focus on my God's character. His love, power, grace, mercy, salvation. That worldly possessions are not essential. That my relationship with him and my respect for him are what is essential. Easier said than accomplished, I know. But it is what I ask the Lord to teach me in the midst of lifes challenges. I have to know that he allows challenges, loss, and even hurt into my life...and from that he will teach me what I need to know to draw nearer to His heart.

Revealed

Store your treasures in heaven, where they will never become moth-eaten or rusty and where they will be safe from thieves. Matthew 6:20 (NLT)

My treasures. What God has given~ not only physical, but spiritual.

Lord,
I so desire my life to honor you. In the midst of the storms may my survival be based on the trust in you that you are always teaching me. Help me to concentrate on your character Lord. Your character is unchanging.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...