Children caring for children

Children caring for children
Abba... Heavenly Father to the fatherless

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Day 16: These are the words...

Lord,

This day the devotions are about feeding my gifts to develop them. Feeding them by spending time with you in Bible study, prayer, fellowship with others. Help me to never forget that if I want to be the person you created me to be I must be in solid relationship with you. As I whine about the challenges I face I neglect the promise that you will be with me and never leave me. I must admit the mountains in front seem unmovable. There are times I feel like I have attempted to climb again and again only to be washed backed down, or to collapse from exhaustion. I allow the deceiver to whisper, sometimes yell, into my mind that I'll never be able to succeed at this. Father, I need you to make it. You are the vine and I am the branch. Apart from you I can do nothing. (John 15)

This day may I also be aware of my words and actions and the impact they have on others. Let me the type of friend that encourages. Help me to guard my words so that they are helpful and not hurtful nor discouraging.

"Teach me, and I will hold my tongue; cause me to understand wherein I have erred. How forceful are right words! Job 6:24


Father, please continue to provide for our family in challenging times. I pray for the two fleeces and that you would use them to confirm your perfect timing. Help me to never loose confidence in your presence in our lives. I thank you for showing your will to Bec regarding her trip to Africa through the support she is generating for the mission trip. I am amazed that you have opened the door for Lonnie to attend! Help us now to find the finances for that trip.

You are amazing and I can't comprehend you, but I know your character and I trust you. You are the God of yesterday, today, and you are tomorrow. You are already there in the future and know all things. You are waiting for me....for all of us. I love that about your character. It brings me comfort.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...