Children caring for children

Children caring for children
Abba... Heavenly Father to the fatherless

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Day 24: Wisdom...What's that?

Back to the Bible

"But where can wisdom be found? And where is the place of understanding?" And to man He said, "Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom, and to depart from evil is understanding." Job 28:12, 28

There are so many times I feel like an idiot. I don't know which way to go...what to do...I make the wrong decision. Sometimes I feel like my feet are in concrete and I can't move one way or another.

Then there are times I feel like I'm in the middle of the road dodging cars to keep alive. I vividly remember crossing the street in Jamaica with friends while on a mission trip there. The traffic flow is reversed from the states. I looked my "usual" way and began to cross only to soon discover a car flying at me from over the hill in the "wrong" direction....well my wrong direction! I danced like a crazy person in the middle of the road not knowing which way to go.

That's how life seems at moments. Things are coming from me from the "wrong" direction...according to me. Actually, it is the "right" direction for that situation. What am I to do?

God's word does have all the answers but I have to find them...get in there and search. Spend time with the one that knows the answers. Trust his principles and writings. Again, that is so hard to do when nothing makes sense.

It comes down to faith. Do I trust the Bible that was written years ago is from a God that doesn't know time? yes! do I trust that what is written is out of love for me? yes! Do I trust that God can speak through it? Yes! I have the faith and trust to keep searching and hold tight to the faith that my God will answer...I have to be the best scholar I can be. Thus I am honing my skills...this is day 24 of my journey.

Revealed

"...Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind;" and , "Love your neighbor as yourself." Luke 10:27 (NIV)

Why would Jesus say that the greatest commandments stem from "Love?" Why not fear? Respect? Obedience? and the list could go on and on.... Why Love? I think because it was love that drew Christ to the cross...love of me. I obey because I love God...it is an outward sign of my gratitude and belief in Him. My love is the motivator to be running after his heart beat right now...I want to experience more of that love. My love is what draws my spirit to want to dwell with him, honor him with my choices. My love is what wants me to be strong for the battles ahead. My love is what kindles the desire to place his words in my mind and be able to lead others to Him. To grow intellectually in order to serve Him with excellence.

I want my children to honor and respect me. But it starts with a love relationship.

Lord,

Thank you for the thoughts and insights today. It was so timely! I have a member of my congregation struggling in their faith and belief in the authority of your word. That authority and relevance is the bottom line of our faith. This helps me to remember that all wisdom comes from your word. Show me how to minister to them and respond in a way that draws them to you. Even the Revealed scriptures, based on love, is perfect for this individual that sees your word as full of rules that are irrelevant. To know that they are given out of love and protection for us is an insight I need to communicate.

In our own lives we have so many questions right now and decisions. As we spend time with you and in your word, please, oh Father, show us the steps you would have us to take through scripture. Your wisdom is what we seek. You say, if we seek you with our whole hearts we will find you...Lord, that is a promise we are holding fast to with white knuckles.

May our children grow in you today, see you personally in their lives.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...