Children caring for children

Children caring for children
Abba... Heavenly Father to the fatherless

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Day 20: What is a Win?

Revealed

Tell those who are rich not to be proud and not to trust in their money....trust should be in the living God who always richly gives us all we need for our enjoyment. 1Timothy 6:17 (NLT)

Lord, it is so hard to not keep score. I look around at others homes, yards, vacations and I tend to keep score. It is my pride. Then I look at the non tangible blessings...our children and where they are in life...our marriage...our ministry....our friends...and our relationships with you. Thank you for giving us what we need to enjoy life! Peace of mind, security in you, forgiveness, assurance in our eternity.

Back to the Bible

If a man dies, shall he live again? All the days of my hard service I will wait, till my change comes. Job 14:14

Father, I know I will live with you in eternity. I know that this life is temporary, thus the pain and discouragement that it brings is temporary.

But honestly, in the human moment, the right now...it doesn't always feel so temporary. You know life and its struggles are hard. You know we often put on a mask and smile and quickly utter, "Jesus is in control!" type of phrases. I believe those statements, trust you, and I mean them...but it is still so hard to emotionally stay on a level field. It is hard to look at an empty bank account and find joy...to see the hurtful choices of those we love, to endure the pain of harsh words...disease, loss...and be joyful in emotion.

First, forgive my unbelief and weak spirit. Help me to look past the now into your eyes. To sense you walking with me...sustaining me...holding me close.

This day, Lord, may I look for the non-monetary blessings of your presence in our lives. May I live this day with eternity in your presence before me. May I be your hands, feet, and heart to those around me.

Provide safe travel to our daughter, protection to our sons and daughter-in-law. Wisdom and stamina for our Pastor.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...