Children caring for children

Children caring for children
Abba... Heavenly Father to the fatherless

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Day 31: Comfort

Back to the Bible


"Then the Lord answered Job out of the whirlwind." Job 38:1

The author writes:
God is not committed to give you answers, but He is committed to bring you comfort. Avail yourself of what God offers--His presence in the midst of tribulation--and leave the rest up to someone far wiser than yourself.

Abba, this is so true. I want to figure you out...figure out the why behind what we are experiencing. But even if you did allow me to attempt to figure it out...you are so mysterious that I wouldn't be able to. Comfort, your peace, your contentment...Father that is what I have experienced. You have taught me to trust in you with all my heart and to not lean, or count on my own understanding. You have shown your comfort again and again...in the middle of the night when I wake up feeling like a semi truck is on my chest...not knowing the next thing...you have woven in a strand of comfort and peace. It comes from within me and sometimes from friends and those around me. How can I praise you enough that in the storm you bring comfort?

I Timothy 1
It is your grace that has allowed me to have this relationship with you Father. I am a person that continues to miss the mark of your perfection. I always will. Yet, in your grace you have provided Christ to bring grace and forgiveness.

Paul writes to Timothy in 1 Timothy 1:15 - 17
Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners-of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his unlimited patience as an example for those who would believe on him and receive eternal life. Not to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only god, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

May I live this day, this moment to glorify you and honor you in my actions and my attitude.

Father, please help us to identify your servant leaders as Campus Pastors. Help me to see through your eyes.

Praise to you! You continue to provide for SA this summer. We were told yesterday all of Lonnie's trip will be paid as team leader so that I can join him for two weeks to explore the future possibility of ministry there. How amazing! Your wonders and blessings are new every morning.

In the midst of seeing you provide a way for us to do the mission, I received a letter yesterday from on of the children's friend. Casually they mentioned the struggle Becca is having with us leaving. Oh God my Father, I too am already grieving that moment. We need you to bring strength and comfort. To help us both see past our needs to the needs of our boys in SA. Continue to give her a confidence in you that is deep enough to hold her and prevent her from feeling abandoned. May we both know without any shadow of turning that this is the call...and in the call you will provide ... in the storm you will bring that comfort. Out of the whirlwind may we know you intimately. Not only for Rebecca, Lord, but for our boys also will I grieve separation. Be with our family as we sacrifice this separation from one another.

I can only trust in your character, God. A character of love and comfort for your children.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...