Children caring for children

Children caring for children
Abba... Heavenly Father to the fatherless

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Day 32: Prayer for others

Yesterday I didn't do my QT time...first time in over a month. I woke up and hit the trail running getting my work todo's done remoteley so we could spend the rest of the day at Mike's tournament in St. Louise. I blame it on being out of my "routine" or being away from home. But, the truth is I didn't make my time with the Father a priority! Plain and simple. I was more worried about the tasks that might reflect I didn't do my job than time with the Lord that no one would know didn't happen except me. Strange how I can tell a difference in my attitude and patience. Lord, I need that time with you. I miss that time where you teach me about yourself and about me. Forgive me for placing my time with you last in my priority list.

Today is a new day and I am back on track. Thank you Lord for the freshness of a new day.

Back to the Bible

And the Lord restored Job's losses when he prayed for his friends. Indeed the Lord gave Job twice as much as he had before. Job 42:10

Father, teach me this principle...I need to pray for those that harm me. I have been doing this but sometimes it is Lord, show them the error of their ways. Now I see I just need to pray your blessings on them and that my heart would be tender. I especially think of one person in my life that I have had to learn this with. I see softening in their hearts at times. I pray for continued softening in mine as well.

The next few days will be a trust challenge for me. We are away from home...very little cash on hand or available, and needing to extend our stay due to winter storm and not being able to get home. I trust you Lord. You have been teaching me to let go of my anxious thoughts. I am anxious about something I can't control. Father, take control. Help me to honor my husband and trust him in taking care of us. I don't have to micro-manage him. May I encourage him and trust his decisions even if they are not exactly the way I would handle things. I desire to be his helpmate...not his discouraging nagging wife.

Thank you that Becca was not able to fly out of Roanoke...she would have been stranded in an airport. Never would have gotten to us. I know her heart was broken, but mine was relieved after we discovered what might have occurred had the flight not been cancelled. Praise you for looking out for her best.

Heal Michael of illness and help him to get through his tournament.
Give me patience with my Mom.

Thank you for all your blessings in every way!

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...