Children caring for children

Children caring for children
Abba... Heavenly Father to the fatherless

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Day 26: Provision

Back to the Bible

If I have made gold my hope, or said to fine gold, 'You are my confidence'; if I have rejoiced because my wealth was great, and because my hand had gained much; . . . this also would be an iniquity worthy of judgment, for I would have denied God who is above. Job 31: 24-25, 28


Revealed

Be an example to all believers in what you teach, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity. 1 Timothy 4:12b (NLT)


Yesterday I was leaving Wal-mart and true to Wal-mart visits I met four people from Coastal as I was leaving and they were coming in. One conversation was so relevant to what God is showing me and teaching me in His scripture...so many of us struggle with finances but it is all his and there is a bottom line assurance of his provision that leads us to worship him after all the tears are cried. In the middle of the floor...the worship occurs and you, oh God, meet us there.

The stewardship process in our lives is a way to tangibly see your providing hand. It does bring opportunity for us to lift our arms fully extended before you and say, "Abba, it is all yours. We are yours and we need you to provide for us." Then we can wait for your provision in our lives. Spiritual provision, physical provision, emotional provision.

But the wait for your provision is hard, the unknown is such a challenge. Help us to recognize the deceptions and lies of the evil one. May our spiritual armor be tightly secured to us. For he will attack in those weakest moments on the floor..."God's not going to provide...you are sunk....what have you gotten for all you've given? nothing.....You are not important enough for God to care about...is there really a God that cares about just when he has the whole universe to run?" May we fight those lies head on and recognize that they are from Satan himself.

Dear God,
Help Lonnie and I to be examples to those we teach, and those around us, in the way we live our lives, in our marriage, in our faith, and in the purity of our hearts and minds. May all we do point others to you. I pray they will look at us and see your calling and provision for that calling. Lord, our fleeces are before you! I thank you for Lonnie's part time job to begin, I thank you for my coaching job to begin, I ask that you work with the distance learning position at Liberty and make that happen if it is your will. We praise you that Lonnie's job may not be eliminated in July and that the extra 10 months of income will help us prepare for our journey.

Heal Michael's ankle...be with James as he prepares to speak tomorrow night...Kelsey as she balances school, internship, work, and marriage....Becca as she navigates relationship waters...and TH as he seeks you with his whole heart. Help us to meet our obligations...grow together as a couple. Prepare my heart for what lies ahead. I offer it to you as Abraham offered Issac.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...