Children caring for children

Children caring for children
Abba... Heavenly Father to the fatherless

Friday, January 22, 2010

Day 25: Listening, Waiting, Praising

Revealed

Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 (MSG)

I so desperately need to hear your voice. It is another testing time...school notes due, medical bills, repairs on rental, not enough to even rob Peter to pay Paul. Lonnie's part time work won't begin for a few weeks. Not sure when mine will begin...not until the end of March at least. Some extra will be coming in this month with the coaching opportunity beginning next week. But it is not enough. Lord, I hear "Trust, no more debt." I know, "It is all mine and you are just caretakers, stewards." But Father, Abba, what do we do to provide for ourselves and the children? Will this be what it will to be a missionary? I believe so...trusting and waiting for your miracles of provision. God, please send a miracle, a small blessing. Help me to hear your voice so we will stay on track.

Back to the Bible

I have made a covenant with my eyes; why then should I look upon a young woman? Job 31:1

The verse is intended to warn us of lustfully looking at a person of the opposite sex. I love my husband and don't have that temptation at all. But I do have the temptation to look with lust upon things I don't have...furniture, landscaped yards, bank accounts with actual savings, investments. I lust after these things. I don't go to the mall...or just "shopping" because I know the battle I face. It stirs up within me a spirit of discontent.

Today I will choose my response to be one of praise. I need to stop and thank the Lord for what I have:
Lonnie - constant devotion to us, a man of integrity. Loves me unconditionally
James - a beautiful, God loving wife...Kelsey. Loves the Lord and is seeking him
Kelsey - adores our son, financially wise. Loves the Lord and his desire for their lives.
Michael - tender, loving, hardworking and committed.
Becca - seeking God in her relationships and willing to wait on His best for her. Gift of teaching.
Coastal - opportunities to use my gifts.
My education and life experience
Our home...vehicles
Friendships that are loving, accountable, and fun!
Parents that are still with us...
Bella following me from room to room...
A dream of what God will allow us to do for him

Lonnie piping in..."Whatcha doin'?" makes me smile...

Thank you Father for all you provide. Help me to trust you and wait on your provision. May we be wise stewards of all that is yours.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...