Children caring for children

Children caring for children
Abba... Heavenly Father to the fatherless

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Day 11: Balance

Balance - with it you have two sides and you find the balance in the middle. Balance in my time means appropriately scheduling and making priorities. All work is not good....all play is not good...finding the time to relax, to be productive, be alone, be with others, the listing could go on and on. But one point the devotion made is the balance in the events of our lives...the joy and the heart ache...the smooth sailings and stormy seas....the sun and the rain. Having the heart to thank the Lord in all seasons and experiences and looking for what he can teach me. Knowing that without the sorrow the joy wouldn't be as sweet.

Honestly, when everything is smooth sailing I become complacent. I hate to say it but I take it for granted. I forget how much I really need the Lord's tenderness, wisdom, comfort. I just plod through my days. When stormy times come I run back to him and again sense his hand in my life. Why is it I am that way? Am I so lazy that God has to use turmoil to get my attention? Could be.

Back to the Bible
Job said to his wife in Job 2:10, "You speak as one of the foolish women speaks. Shall we indeed accept good from God, and shall we not accept adversity?" In all this Job did not sin with his lips.

Revealed
...Mary sat at the Lord's feet, listening to what he taught. Luke 10:39


Lord,
Thank you for walking with me in the adversity your will allows to come into my life. May I learn from the adversity and draw near to your heart. Help me to balance my time and choose in the moment how to honor you. Life does seem to spin out of control and circumstances seem unbearable. Through all this may I praise you and grow closer to you. May my lips not sin, but be an instrument of praise.

Be with our family... appointments, safe travel , practice and school...camp preparation, job seeking, major exams.

Thank you for the rain...without it the sweet aroma of life would never be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...