Children caring for children

Children caring for children
Abba... Heavenly Father to the fatherless

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Day 51: Would I?

Back to the Bible

When Jeremiah entered the dungeon and the cells, and Jeremiah had remained there many days, then Zedekiah the king sent and took him out. The king asked him secretly in his house, and said, "Is there any word from the Lord?" And Jeremiah said, "There is." Then he said, "You shall be delivered into the hand of the king of Babylon!" Jeremiah 37:16-17

Before I read the commentary following this passage I commented to Lonnie, "I wonder what I would do?" It would have been so easy to just tell the King what he wanted to hear and then justify it by saying "I'm no good to anyone if I'm dead and can't keep telling them about God."

I have to say it is not easy but there have been times that I have told people what the Bible says instead of what they want to hear. I remember a time I told someone our children couldn't spend the night with them because they were not married and living together. We got some criticism for that.
This is when I learned it is difficult to be the "salt and the light" in this world.

As we venture off on mission we are usually with the mindset that we will share what Jesus is all about. When we venture outside our own doors we are not so much about that. Why? I believe fear. I am guilty.

Father, I desire to be near to your heart and that means having a burning desire for people to know you. Show me ways that I can be who I am and point people to you. Help me Holy Spirit to listen and respond to your nudge...I can take bagels to my neighbors.

Lord, it seems as if your hand is moving with the NL home. I'm not sure what is in the future, so I guess this is where the FAITH comes in. Not knowing if we made the best decision in the long run...knowing the financial hit we could take. In 2 months or less the home will be empty. We will try to sell it again...is it your timing? Father, I am trusting you. Your faithfulness in the past is the anchor we hold fast too...seeing you at work now brings peace...and knowing you are there in the future brings hope.

Thank you for our children and their compassionate hearts...keep them close.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...