Children caring for children

Children caring for children
Abba... Heavenly Father to the fatherless

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Day 43: Fire

Back to the Bible

Then I said, "I will not make mention of Him, nor speak anymore in His name." But His word was in my heart like a burning fire shut up in my bones; I was weary of holding it back, and I could not. Jeremiah 20:9

Wow, and I a scaredy cat. I know I should always be ready and eager to tell people about the Lord. But, I hang out with Christians most of the time...and those that are not know I'm a minister and I do talk about the Lord. But what about strangers? Am I so eager to walk next door and invite folks to Coastal? not so much. Father, forgive me! I want to have the fire burning in me to share about you. But I listen to the lies of Satan and don't do it. I pray you will help me discover ways to share about you that are based on who I am...taking bagels next door for example. Inviting the new neighbors over for dinner...having a block party. Help me to begin relationship evangelism. Remove my fear or help me break through it.

2 Timothy 4

There is an urgency in this chapter for Timothy to come and bring what Paul needs. There is a sadness for me in verse 16.

At my first defense no one came to my support, but all deserted me. May it not be counted against them!

No one came to stand with him before his accusers. Here is a man that sacrificed everything for the Lord's service and the Lord sent no one to stand with him. I don't get it. I would be mad and yet he says, "May it not be counted against them!" He testifies to God's goodness and continues to plan how he will tell others of Christ's sacrifice.

Paul goes on to say,

But the Lord stood by me and gave me strength, so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed and all the Gentiles might hear it. So I was rescued from the lion's mouth. v. 17

Father,
Again I whine and moan about my life and challenges. I become upset with challenges and attacks. I'm not Paul...but I desire a part of his heart for you. I'm honestly afraid to pray for his entire passion...that scares me! But Lord in baby steps can you use me to reach and touch people that need your love. Their eternity is at stake. It would be a privilege to share you with someone today...through word or deep.

Help me in my weakness,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...