Children caring for children

Children caring for children
Abba... Heavenly Father to the fatherless

Friday, February 5, 2010

Day 36: Come thou Fount

Back to the Bible

"Why then has this people slidden back, Jerusalem, in a perpetual backsliding? They hold fast to deceit, they refuse to return." Jeremiah 8:5

Lord,

There have been season in my life when I was not close to you. I don't think total backslidding, but absolutley sliden further from you than closer to you. I desire to always grow closer to you and closer to the servant that you desire me to be. There are times I'm afraid, intimidated, lazy, selfish...but you never have given up on me. I thank you for nudging me back to you...waiting for me to realize that I need your love, peace, and presence in my everyday, every moment life. Jeremiah did all you asked him and still the people of Israel refused to return to you. I pray that I will never have a heart that is so hard it doesn't hear your whisper.

Bless this day as we face challenges. People challenges, situations, deadlines, tasks. Help us to hear your voice, to recall your teachings, and to glorify you.

Praise you that Becca did well on her academics this past week. That her meeting with coach went well. Keep Michael safe and healing from his cold. Bless James and Kelsey, Casey and Jeremiah in their young marriages.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...