Children caring for children

Children caring for children
Abba... Heavenly Father to the fatherless

Monday, February 15, 2010

Day 42: Potter's Hands

It was a busy weekend but I didn't forget my time with the Lord...now blogging is another matter. I forgot my sign-in and had to figure that out. Age I guess. Lonnie and I are having our devotions together each morning before getting out of bed. That time with him is priceless.

Back to the Bible

The word which came to Jeremiah from the Lord, saying: "Arise and go down to the potter's house, and there I will cause you to hear My words." Then I went down to the potter's house, and there he was, making something at the wheel. And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter; so he made it again into another vessel, as it seemed good to the potter to make. Jeremiah 18:1-4

Kroll: The God who made us also can remake us.

I love the Potter analogies in the scriptures! God's hand molding me...remolding me when I mess up...gently working the bumps off the outside and shaping the inside. I once had an opportunity to work at a potters wheel. It was something I always wanted to do. My teacher was patient and I soon realized how hard it is to take a lump of clay and fashion it into something functional and beautiful. Oh I could make a pot that would hold water but how beautiful it might be is up to the beholder...for me it wasn't so pretty. For my teacher...it was a great effort that I should be proud of.

I think God must look at my attempts to please him and be fashioned in his likeness like that sometimes. Even though I don't like the outcome I still hear him whisper...it's ok..you'll get it...keep going...I like what you are becoming.

As the potter I am sure relieved that he can scoop up the heap I've become and refashion me into something not only purposeful but beautiful in his eyes.

2 Timothy 3

What persecutions I endured! yet the Lord rescued me from all of them. Indeed, all who want to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted. vv 11b, 12

It is a challenge when you have to endure persecution from life and difficult people. When you wonder what is up and what is down? When you just want it all to be over. But Paul endure so much more than I can imagine. My trials can't even compare to his! And, I whine. So I guess the Potter rubs gently on that blemish and continues molding me into what he desires.

Father,
I don't want a whining spirit. I want a spirit that praises you and trusts you even through the horrible life circumstances that seem to plague each of us. As we strive to make choices that honor you help us to do our best to please you first and foremost.

Be with us this week as we continue the repair on NL house. I pray specifically for the tenant and her family. I ask that you be with the K family in their renting trials. Be with MF in her illness. She has endured so much and is spiritually defeated. Holy Spirit bring comfort and understanding in the midst of hurt and pain.

Thank you for a wonderful, compassionate husband that keeps me going. Help me to be the best instructor I can be. Encourage our children today.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...