Children caring for children

Children caring for children
Abba... Heavenly Father to the fatherless

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Day 44: Choices

Back to the Bible


"Now you shall say to this people, 'Thus says the Lord: "Behold, I set before you the way of life and the way of death."'" Jeremiah 21:8

Life is full of choices...get gas now and be a minute late or hope I have enough to keep going and be on time! Dinner in or dinner out? Jeans or dress pants? Sweater or coat? The list is endless!

Most choices are not life changing or impacting.

But, one choice is life impacting...in fact, eternity impacting. I am glad I chose the way of life. But what about those that I encounter? Am I concerned enough about them to step outside of my comfort and "set before you the way of life and the way of death" so that they can choose. Lord, help me to be concerned...the fire inside to make sure they know.

There are choices that don't seem like huge ones but indeed they are choosing the way of life over death...I'm thinking specifically about emotions, reactions, or thoughts. Satan would have us to not look for the way of life and forget that he comes to rob and steal us of our joy. When God is at work in our lives the Deceiver will take action to so distract us that we don't see our Lord blessing us...even in our emotions.

I've blogged about my anxious thoughts before. Holy Spirit continues to remind me "Test me and know my anxious thoughts" It is those thoughts that depress me, make my stomach churn, heart race faster. My Jesus does not wish for me to be like that...death of peace. He wishes for life of joy. What ever is good, true, noble...think on these.

Lord, you are molding me and helping me to life a life of peace. Thank you! It is hurtful though to go through the testing but I am so thankful to hear Holy Spirits whisper of scripture and peace...life.

Bless the socks off my husband today. Bring calm back into his life. I beg that NL repairs will be completed smoothly and quickly. Thank you that our house guests are recovering and strong enough to return to their home. It has been a blessing for me to see the tender side of him. We know you had a purpose in this time together.

Keep our children close to you...Holy Spirit draw them close to you.

Continue to move us in your direction! Oh, and thanks for that income tax refund coming into our account just in the nick of time!

I love you, Father!

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...