Children caring for children

Children caring for children
Abba... Heavenly Father to the fatherless

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Day 47: Forgotten

Back to the Bible

"No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, 'Know the Lord,' for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them," says the Lord. "For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more." Jeremiah 31:34

As with almost everyone there are parts of my young, college years that I would rather not recall before the Lord. This was a season before I had moved from "fire insurance" faith to a love relationship with my Lord. I did my share of party going with the girl friends...nothing terribly bad or illegal just not what I would now consider God honoring.

It is so comforting to me that once I have asked and received forgiveness that even though I recall those time...my God does not! Lord, I don't comprehend this. I recall but you do not. It is Satan himself that causes me to rehash the guilt and not believe you could forgive and forget. I guess that is what makes you God.

Thank you for working in our lives now. For the peace you are giving us. Help us to move forward towards your goal. Father, you do tell us in Malachi to test you in our giving. We are giving to you through our tithes and offering, and also through our investment in Africa missions by paying for our travel. Father, you are opening the floodgates. I may be teaching two sections of a class next D term. You know my days and nights and if I can handle the student load. Please don't allow fear to keep me from working hard and receiving your blessings. We need the finances for current tuition, maybe mortgage payment on NL house if it is without a tenant for a while, and debt repayment. It is all yours so help us to be excellent stewards and most of all trust your decisions with it. You know our hearts and goals as move towards them. Prevent us from doing anything that moves us outside of your will.

Keep close to you our 4 children today. Encourage them, whisper your love into their spirits. Give them wisdom and discernment.

Thank you for forgetting my past and blessing me with a future in you.

Amen

**************************************************************************
http://www.backtothebible.org/index.php/devotions/authors/lessons_on_living_kroll.html

Jeremiah 32:27
"Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh. Is there anything too hard for Me?"
Nothing Too Hard
A rather sickly woman had been deserted by her husband. He left her with three preschool children, a mangy dog, a broken-down, second-floor flat and many bills. One morning she discovered that the mutt had chosen her only good pair of shoes as a chew stick. The youngest baby had cried the night through with colic. As she was preparing breakfast, the power went off because the bill hadn't been paid. Then the dog decided to play tug of war with the tablecloth, pulling all the dishes and food onto the floor. Just then she heard a commotion out in the street. Running to the kitchen, she opened the window and a man below yelled out, "Garbage man." Her only reply was, "Okay, send it up."
Times were like that for Jerusalem too. The Chaldeans had raised siege mounds around the city. Famine and pestilence stalked the streets. Jeremiah was on the verge of losing all hope for survival. His whole life seemed like a garbage heap?and each day only added a little more to the pile. But in the midst of this doom and gloom, God said to him, "Is there anything too hard for Me?" Even preserving the prophet's life in the midst of disaster was not an impossible task for God.
Life gets rough sometimes. Illness strikes, financial troubles threaten us, family problems dog our steps. At best, most people just hope they can scramble to the top as each new load of garbage gets dumped on them. But you don't have to live like that. God says, "Things can be better for you because I am with you--and nothing is too difficult for Me." Even your most troublesome circumstances simply become a stage on which God demonstrates that nothing is hopeless with Him.
If your situation is causing you to despair, listen to what the Lord has to say to you: "Is anything too hard for Me?" Take confidence in the fact that the omnipotent God is on your side.
When God says "nothing is too hard," He means "nothing"!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...