Children caring for children

Children caring for children
Abba... Heavenly Father to the fatherless

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Day 34: Peace

Back to the Bible


"They have also healed the hurt of My people slightly, saying, 'Peace, Peace!' when there is no peace." Jeremiah 6:14

The only real peace is knowing that I will be in heaven with my Lord one day. The world is a restless place and I can so easily get sucked into all the madness. Each day I make efforts to have a peaceful spirit and not be anxious. It is a day by day effort. I know God is always in control and is there with me. I know he has my best interest in his hands. I believe my anxious heart comes from my childhood. But that is in the past. If I can't handle the unknown now in my secure little safe world how will I adjust in another continent? Lord, the tests are to prepare. It is a mental battle...I must win this to be a servant of yours in the long run...I want to win the marathon race.

Father, help me to remember the boys in SA that do have peace because they do not know you. May my heart stay tender and passionate about them. May their deprivation over-power my sense of deprivation in leaving my children.

1 Timothy 3

A high calling for those in ministry and leading others. Father, thank you for this chapter to remind us how important our actions are. They are a reflection of you in our life and spirit.


God, help me to balance ministry, Liberty, wife, mom, friend. You know we are willing to work as hard as is required to position ourselves to immediately respond to your calling. I pray for energy when I'm exhausted. I pray for wisdom and discernment. I pray for restful sleep. I pray for only kind and affirming words to come from my mouth and heart.

I praise you for all things good and even challenging. It is through the challenges that we most often grow to be a stronger reflection of you.

Walk with me Lord, so that I may walk in peace, lead others to your peace and walk with others in peace.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...