Children caring for children

Children caring for children
Abba... Heavenly Father to the fatherless

Monday, February 22, 2010

Day 46: Everlasting

Back to the Bible


The Lord has appeared of old to me, saying: "Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore with loving kindness I have drawn you." Jeremiah 31:3

One version of the scripture, the ESV says "the Lord appeared to him1 from far away." Oh it can be so true in my life. I am easily discouraged if I don't sense God's breath right beside me. But my God is like a good earthly father. An earthly father gradually allows the child to strike out further and further...to implement all the father has taught. Like a good coach that practices and rehearse the team and then sits back to allow them to figure out their errors in the game.

I know my Abba loves me with an everlasting love. Even when I mess up he loves me. It is through my trial and error that I realize his love is always there drawing me back to him.

I think this is one of the major life lessons God is teaching me now. Be still and know that I'm God. I have your back. Even though you think I'm afar, I love you dearly and am right there beside you. I have an everlasting love for you, and for others.

Father, you know how difficult last week was...thank you for the wise counsel we received. Thank you for the peace that surpasses all I can imagine. Thank you for past lessons that have taught us stewardship and ownership...it is all yours...to give and to take away...yet we will say, "Blessed be the name of the Lord" for your love is everlasting!

Bless Kelsey especially today with your spirit. Give he soon a glimpse into her vocational future. Bring couple friends into their lives Lord.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...