Children caring for children

Children caring for children
Abba... Heavenly Father to the fatherless

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Day 39: The Spots

Back to the Bible

Can the Ethiopian change his skin or the leopard its spots? Then may you also do good who are accustomed to do evil. Jeremiah 13:23

It is our heart that shows who we are. Our nature must really be that of Christ himself...peace, patient, kindness. Our attitudes and actions are a result of who we are inside. There are times we are pushed and we lose that Christ connection. But it is my prayer that these times are few and far between.

Lord, help us to be a living example of you. I pray our nature is your nature. That our reactions and thoughts are as you would have it to be...a direct reflection of you. It has been a really tough afternoon. I have been on my knees twice begging the Lord to intervene. Lord my faith believes you can do all things...but I'm not sure how important our needs are to you...If we are to be learning a life lesson I don't know what it is now. I realize what we learned 5 years ago, but now is different. I see you hand moving us in one direction and then I sense the deceiver bringing hurt and chaos to the situation. Lord give my weak spirit strength to withstand the trials of this culture. I beg you Lord to intervene in our lives regarding NL house.

1 Timothy 6

But as for you, man of God, shun all this; pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance, gentleness. Fight the good fight of the faith; take hold of eternal life, to which you were called and for which you made the good confession in the presence of many witnesses. (11-12)

Father, in the midst of conflict help us to recall Paul's words. I pray on behalf of Lonnie and I that our actions and words would be of you.

I ask for the wisdom to know when to speak and when not to speak. I beg for your Holy Spirit to come in and intervene. I know only you can take this burden from us. I ask that it be removed, Lord. We need you now.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...