Children caring for children

Children caring for children
Abba... Heavenly Father to the fatherless

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Day 67: If---

Believing God

My son, if you accept my words and store up my commands within you,
turning your ear to wisdom and applying your heart to understanding,
and if you call out for insight and cry aloud for understand,
and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure,
then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God.
Proverbs 2:1-5 (NIV)

if---accept
if---store up- memorize
if---call out
if----cry aloud
if----look
then you will understand and find

The Lord is teaching me that it is work on my part...active work...not just casually reading his word as if reading the newspaper to understand him and see him at work. It is a driven desire to know...to explore...to dig. As a Christ follower I need to accept that his words are true...memorize those words...take time to call out and cry out aloud~ there's a word-aloud and look for him! to be a student of his word.

Father, help each of us to make this a part of our life journey. You tell us that when we seek you with our whole hearts we will find you... Oh, Lord, I am seeking your best for our lives. For the lives of those at Coastal. The lives of the boys in SA.

You are a God of miracles and wonders. Open my eyes to see what you are doing around us so that I can join you and grow in my knowledge of you and understanding of you.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...