Children caring for children

Children caring for children
Abba... Heavenly Father to the fatherless

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Day 64: Fighting Back

Yesterday's Back to the Bible devotion focused on the lies Satan whispers to us. Our defense to these lies must be God's word.

Monday in staff huddle (a time of intentional discipleship with our ministry staff) I was challenged to come up with a plan regarding building my faith and how to respond when I realize I'm anxious. Off the top of my mind I mentioned to those at the table my action could be to memorize scripture so that I could recall it when my faith was challenged and the test of anxiety was upon me. It seemed like the "godly" and "spirtual" answer.

Today in Believing God we looked at many scriptures to support us in concepts related to our faith.

So...I think this is my message from the Lord.
PUT MY WORDS IN YOUR MEMORY!

I can honestly say two things:
1- The scripture that I've placed in my memory I use!
2- I cop out by saying "Oh scripture memory is not one of my strong points" and I let myself off the hook, so to speak.

So my action plan is to memorize:
Mark 9:23 "If you can?" said Jesus. "Everything is possible for him who believes."
Jeremiah 33:3 "Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know."

Accountability: If you see me you have my permission to ask me about Mark 9:23 and Jeremiah 33:3! Please do because for me to not know it in front of you will be a great motivator! I don't like looking silly. Pride? Yes! But God can use it for good.

Lord, I ask for the tenacity to do this~putting your words deep into my memory. May I not listen to the deceiver tell me I can't or shouldn't. Thank you that your words are alive and mean so mcuh to me when I use them. I recognize the coures of events this week have not been my accident or chance...you intended for me to this message. You are amazing! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...