Children caring for children

Children caring for children
Abba... Heavenly Father to the fatherless

Friday, March 12, 2010

Day 61: Romans 4 Challenge


Yesterday was My Birthday!
I didn't blog, but I did have my time with my Father. I got up at 5 a.m. because it was important to me. I did the study, and was on my to Richmond for a meeting at 7:30. Last night Lonnie invited some friends over for dinner. He prepared a wonderful dish of pasta and shrimp. James and Kelsey were here...Mike and Becca Skyped in...I love technology. I miss my children so much when we have family events and we are all apart. But my birthday celebration was wonderful. Lord, thank you for 51 years of life in you.

Believing God

He touched their eyes and said, "According to your faith will it be done to you. Matthew 9:29

We are challenged in the study to read Romans 4 twenty times before the end of the 10 weeks. So today was time #1.

I am struggling with scripture where Jesus says "your faith has made you clean" or "according to your faith you will be healed." I know with 100% of my heart that my God is capable to heal and move mountains. In the scripture though he speaks poorly to his disciples that could not cast out a demon. He says it it was a faith issue. How can that be?

What does that look like in my life? I say I have faith...but do I mask that with a pitiful excuse of saying "If it is not God's will I guess it won't happen"? Is that my crutch? How do I place a fleece out and at the same time say my faith is strong and I know God can, but maybe he won't. How do I respond to friends with chronic illness that have pleaded and begged for healing...it can't be a lack of faith...my God can...but he doesn't.

But I always come down to ...does God desire to because it is in my best interest, or my friends best interest. Are there lessons and spiritual growth I'm experiencing in the midst of the no? Of course there have been, I know this! But, how does this equate with my faith. Will my faith be a stumbling block. Will I learn about you God in the midst of the pain of potentially losing a home? My heart grieves that we can't eliminate the debt. We make steps forward and then back again. We are thankful for the blessings and the provision...but the same two struggles won't go away.

God, in faith I once again place the fleeces before you. Remove my doubt. It really is not there. I have no doubt in your power or ability. Help me to know how to navigate this concept...you responding to us based on our faith. Where I lack I pray for faith. I ask that I not allow the author of lies or deceiver to speak lies and doubt into my spirit. You, oh Lord, can move the mountains that crowd into my spirit. I surrender and yet they are there. I believe and yet they are there. I beg and yet they are there. I step in your direction, and they are there.

I boldly pray that they would be answered by you as an affirmation of ministry timing. Oh my father, teach me to discern your voice and help me settle the questions I face in my spirit. It can't all be about faith that heals...there has to be more....I am searching for my own understanding and so that I can help others.

Reminder:
God is who he says he is. Holy, pure, loving, caring, there with me
God can do what he says he can do Move mountains, forgive, change lives, provide
I am who God says I am A new creation, his child, his servant
I can do all things through Christ I can move mountains that God calls me to move.
God's word is alive and active in me I crave his word!


Be with my children, especially the one that is on my heart heavy this morning.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...