Children caring for children

Children caring for children
Abba... Heavenly Father to the fatherless

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Day 55: Fervent Prayer

Back to the Bible


Then he cried out to the Lord and said, "O Lord my God, have You also brought tragedy on the widow with whom I lodge, by killing her son?" And he stretched himself out on the child three times, and cried out to the Lord and said, "O Lord my God, I pray, let this child's soul come back to him." Then the Lord heard the voice of Elijah; and the soul of the child came back to him, and he revived. 1 Kings 17:20-22

Kroll challenged in the devotion (found on line) to find a place where I could just bellow out my prayer request to the Lord. A place where I could dig deep within my spirit and let it go. Well I think that is what I did two days ago. With tears streaming down my face I took my fleece prayer requests before my father. Kroll also said to take the things that have a "strong grip on your spirit" to the Father.

Father, you know the two things that have a strong grip on our spirits. Please release us from these. God it is not to make our lives easier but to open the path to our service for you in SA. I continually bring these before you and there are times I feel like a whining child. But Kroll challenges us to be bold and passionate about our request. God we are passionate! We need you to move and I know you will. Help us! Guide Us! Answer our prayers. All we desire is to honor you. Our prayers are not for prideful purposes or to put more $ in the bank account for our own sake. We desire to live as you intended. We are working hard. God honor your servants. We beg at your feet, please!

Be with our children this day. Provide for James and Kelsey financially. Give her a job Father.
Be with Mike. Give him relationship wisdom, strong desire to please you, guidance in the decisions he will be making as he enters his last year of school. Strengthen Becca and give her the physical, emotional, and spiritual strength to endure this time of training. Help her to do it all with a heart to serve you.

Bring joy to Lonnie this day. Thank you for protecting his job so far. It is you!

Bless Coastal. Lord, we need leadership. Our CK ministry is in need of servants that will serve you by investing in your children. I ask for wisdom and creativity as I design the awareness program.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...