Children caring for children

Children caring for children
Abba... Heavenly Father to the fatherless

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Day 62: Unchallenged

I've been away...on vacation with friends; but, God has continued to teach me and hone my understanding of faith. I've also been advised by a very wise young man...my son James...that some people think my blogs are too long...humm...I guess they can be so I'll try to condense. They were long because this is by electronic journal; but, I'll keep it shorter and write personal family prayer request elsewhere.

If you've been following this blog you know God is teaching me about faith. I have struggled with questions like: God, is my faith strong enough? God, am I just not getting it and that is why I have to keep learning it? God, is there a reason I'm not seeing answers?

I read this sentence in my Beth Moore study, Believing God, and I about jumped out of my seat. I had to rest on the sentence a bit. This is it

Faith that remains unchallenged ordinarily remains unchanged. (pg. 30)

That's it! As God continues to challenge my faith he is strengthening it, making it practical, giving me life moments to come back to when the going is difficult. I thought the initial move from NL to Court Circle was a financial move...so we must have messed up! But it wasn't. God was getting us ready to be missionaries not financially, but in faith! It is not that I'm not getting it and have to have continual remediation...praise the Lord. It is that I am getting it and he is helping me to strengthen those FAITH muscles...again, praise the Lord.

Now honestly, it is not a fun work out at times! But when I have to live through the really tough times I'm appreciative for the work out. Like an athlete that works muscles and skills again and again to the point of exhaustion and muscle aches...but sees the payoff in the game or race.

Lord, thank you! I can see blessing. I do see my inner spirit more confident and able to recognize my anxious thoughts so I can deal with them in faith. Continue to teach us what we need to know in order to survive, no flourish in your name, in SA. Oh, and about those fleeces....if it is in your will to answer in that manner, ok. If it is not in your will, ok. Just please let us know when the time is right in a manner that is undeniably you. We understand that faith involves some doubt and the possibility we could be wrong. We are willing totake the first step knowing you are right there with us.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...