Children caring for children

Children caring for children
Abba... Heavenly Father to the fatherless

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Day 60: Confident Prayer-FAITH

Back to the Bible

If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it. John 14:14

1 Kings 18:33-35
And he put the wood in order, cut the bull in pieces, and laid it on the wood, and said, "Fill four water pots with water, and pour it on the burnt sacrifice and on the wood." Then he said, "Do it a second time," and they did it a second time; and he said, "Do it a third time," and they did it a third time. So the water ran all around the altar; and he also filled the trench with water.

Believing God
His incomparable great power for us who believe...is like the working of his mighty strength. Ephesians 1:19


I am so excited about the next 9 weeks! Last night Lonnie helped me make my blue wrist bracelet to remind me that God's word is true and I am the spiritual seed of all the promises to Abraham. But also, that I'm called and concentrated to obey His word. Part of God's word calls me to have faith, believe-actively believe in my God and his desire to bless me...and my desire to be faithful to him.

I pray hard and I anticipate God's answer to my prayers but the dilemma I have is this "Is it God's will to release me from this burden?" I know people suffering from chronic pain begging to be released. I'm not in physical pain. I live in a world that is hard. What is so special about me? Why would God release us? My answer is His word declares he desires to have us live in the promise land and I'm not sure we can make it there with the big mountains in front of us. The promised land is not a land of ease...I'm not asking for an easy road..it is a land of being where he desires us to be...Lord help us to be there. Where you desire us to be in the time you desire and in the financial condition you desire.

We don't live an extravagant life style. Our finances are focused on the educational cost of our family, and then the housing pitfall so many experienced over the past years. We were not trying for bigger and better...we knew you said move. The blessing of it all? Having to cling hard to you and each other. Seeing you in every blessing of a restful night's sleep, laughter, food on the table, and a bill being paid. Your provision at the last moment...just in time. Through this we learned the truest meaning of the word "blessing."

Father God,
My prayers are earnest and my heart believes you are oh so capable of answering...I continue to pray for wisdom in my prayers...that I can accept your answers and learn your lessons. I can have patience and wait for your response and obedience to do what I you desire in the mean time. that I learn, recognize, and claim "faith" and the blessing of peaceful release to you.

God, I'm so excited to be in your word the next weeks with this Bible study. Thank you!

I miss Michael especially today. Keep his close and Holy Spirit fill him with you. Give him wisdom in your desires for his future.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...