Children caring for children

Children caring for children
Abba... Heavenly Father to the fatherless

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Day 59: Believing God

Believing God

Today I began a new Bible study. The workbook has sat in my stack for almost one year. After I finished the Revealed daily devotion I coasted along just doing the quick one page Back to the Bible online devotion. I have begun to crave more...more time with the Father and more time in his word. Thus, I pulled out Believing God. Little did I know it's timing is perfect.

The introduction is titled: Believing God for Your Promised Land. The key points for me today are:
  • As a leader I have to put my feet in the water first for others to follow.
  • God wants to bring glory to where I plant my feet...my promised land
  • The #1 hindrance to our calling becoming a reality is our unbelief
  • Good is what is most useful to God and His kingdom

God desires to bless us. We are the spiritual seed of Abraham as believers. But, God's definition of a blessing may be different than ours. God will test us on how we define blessings. Blessings may be a peace that takes away anxiety, a restful nights sleep, a confidence in God's ability to hear us. I've experienced this lateley. Learning to trust my God for the blessing of his peace.

I'm so excited about the next 9 weeks as I go through this study.... I Believe My God!

Lord,

Thank you for the timing of this study in my life as we face uncertainty with NL and life after retirement. I believe you and I want to live my life in your promise land...your promise land for our lives...where ever that might be. Help me to grow in my faith...a restless faith.

I praise you for working in the lives of our children and that they are seeing you in a real way.

Hear is my heart Lord. Help me to grow over the next weeks.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...