Children caring for children

Children caring for children
Abba... Heavenly Father to the fatherless

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Day 68: Praise God

Believing God

"Praise God from whom all blessings flow
Praise Him all creatures here below
Praise Him above ye heavenly hosts
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghosts
Amen"

It's been a long, long time since I've sung that brief song of praise. This morning on the eve of Easter it resonates in my spirit. I can't explain everything that happens, or for that matter doesn't happen, in my life and the lives of those around me. Why some find peace, some struggle for meaning. Some have love and relationship, others are faced with joy in singleness. Some have children, others grieve the children they will never know. Some experience miraculous healing and others suffer day in and day out. Some have financial prosperity, others struggle for each meal. I can't explain.

I can tell you I believe in a God that is Sovereign and loving. My God that will welcome me at the end of my life into an eternity I can't even begin to imagine or explain. I know my God and I believe my God. He loves me. He knows my name. He cares about my heartache. He is a God of miracles...yes! Miracles today. He is most concerned about my inner spirit than my physical needs. I intentionally used the word "most." as he is concerned about all aspects of my life.

Lord, you demonstrated your love and concern for me when you died on the cross and our Father raised you from the dead. You endured suffering and pain beyond my comprehension. You endured out of love. May I endure this life in love for you.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...