Children caring for children

Children caring for children
Abba... Heavenly Father to the fatherless

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Day 65: New Sprouts

But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. Isaiah 40:31a

I wondered if I should do the assignment, in Believing God, to select at least two words from Isaiah 40:21-31 and research the original Hebrew meaning of them in Strong's. It involved getting the computer and doing a word study. What words would I choose and would it make a difference? I'm so glad I did it!

Without seeming too intellectual let me share with you a few synonyms in Hebrew for the three words (ok, so I couldn't settle on just 2 words) and then share with you how I paraphrased the verse.
  • Hope: wait, look for, expect eagerly, lie in wait --- I especially keyed in on "lie in wait" because it is active and anticipating what I am expecting will occur.
  • Renew: change, grow-up, after, sprout again --- there is that word-"change"- to renew is not to go back to where you were in a rested state, it means a change and new growth-sprout again. Like my bamboo sitting on the counter...it is cut back but will sprout again.
  • Strength: ability, fruits, force --- "fruits" surprised me as it is a product of growth.

My Paraphrase of v 31 ...but those who lie in wait for the Lord will find their ability changed and renewed. New growth will occur as we wait for the Lord.

Oh, my goodness. The Lord once again used his Words of Old to boldly step into my life today. Faith is about hope. And hope is eagerly waiting for and anticipating what my God will do so that my ability, in my case faith, can be changed...it can develop new sprouts of growth as a result of the waiting.

Thank you Father for the moments I can only hope in you because all else seems futile. Those times when I don't know the answer, but, I actively lie in wait to see you in action. While I wait I am changing and growing new sprouts of faith, with new fruits that I can share. Where you will have me share this fruit, use this fruit, be dependent on this fruit for sustenance, I'm not sure; however, I know you know and I will need it! I adore your Word and how you speak to me through it. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...