Children caring for children

Children caring for children
Abba... Heavenly Father to the fatherless

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Day 83: Our God of Today

"I love the Lord because He hears my voice and my prayers. I will call on Him as long as I live, because He has turned His ear to me." Psalm 116:1-2

Today was beach baptism in the life of Coastal. Yes, true to the first Sunday in August the skies were cloudy and it was raining. True to our God of today the rain stopped, the beach opened up and over 30 Christ-followers were baptised at the beach. God is always showing up.

I'm trying to figure out who I am on Sunday mornings. We have two amazing volunteers that are our campus Pastors at Glenwood so I can move between campuses. This is a blessing for them and for me ~ so that I can be between both campuses and talking, meeting, encouraging. But I'm struggling to get into a rhythm.

I'm trusting God in so many facets of my life right now. I know he is the God of today! I pray I am his trusting servant....

In church Hank concluded the Exodus series. On thought I can't shake...The Hebrew people saw God's provision as they left slavery...they saw God's provision...they still grumbled in the desert as soon as the going go rough...they formed their own idol...God took them to the promised land and they didn't trust that God would help them fight to inhabit it. His discipline...wander for 40 years.

Lord,
As you show us your promised land...may we not shrink back in fear due our lack of faith in you helping us to overcome the mountains. Help my weary spirit.

Give me wise counsel for my children. Listen to them as they call to you.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...