Children caring for children

Children caring for children
Abba... Heavenly Father to the fatherless

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Day 83: Gigal

Then the LORD said to Joshua, "Today I have rolled away the reproach of Egypt from you." So the place has been called Gilgal to this day." Joshua 5:9

Based on the Week 8 video of Believing God.
The Hebrew people had wandered 40 years. This was the day the Lord instructed circumcision as a sign that they were no longer under "reproach" from the Lord but had entered his promised land for them. They now again bore his mark of a covenant people. There was a visible sign that they were indeed God's chosen people...set apart from the world around them.

In the middle of the Jordan (The Israelites had to cross the Jordan River to reach the land promised to them.God parted the Jordan river so they could walk over.) God asks us to move in belief and obedience towards him. Believing God is who he says he is and can do the things he says he can do.

I knew before going to Africa we were at a crossroad...the middle of the Jordan River. We had to move forward or shrink back. We are believing God and moving forward.

Based on this weeks video teaching...I am realizing I have been living under reproach. I have been carrying the shame of not preparing well for our kid's college and not trusting God to provide for my EdD. expenses. We have the school debt to show my unbelief in God's provision. I have been saying we couldn't be missionaries because of our debt. I felt shame and bondage.

Over the past week I have seen a shift. I worked on bills and with two mortgages it was impossible. I sat and looked at the numbers and said to myself, "I will not stress. I know God that you are in control. We are forgiven and doing our best. You are using this as a teaching and training time to relate to us the importance of totally depending on your provision. I don't know how you will make this work...we are ready to take whatever steps you desire...I believe you are the one to care for us and it will work. I just don't know how." With that said I walked away only a little grumpy (have to be honest) but not in a panic.

Monday night it was confirmed that God had rented the home on North Landing. The blessing is they are paying August even though they are not moving in until September and intend to be there two years. God, you are our provider. Riaan prayed that you would take this burden from us so we could focus on your intentions for our future. You answered and we are so thankful!

Lord, we walk towards you in our promised land...where we will bear fruit for you...with our past unbelief acknowledged...trusting you now to work this out. Praise you Father for we now believe and trust you 100% to make the path for us to join you in the Promised Land regardless of what we bring to you. We also ask for your wisdom to continue to make wise financial choices.

We are forgiven from our financial unbelief...we are believing you and moving towards you as you wait for us in the Promised Land.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...