Children caring for children

Children caring for children
Abba... Heavenly Father to the fatherless

Friday, July 30, 2010

Day 82: Keep the flame...How?


Proverbs 6:3 Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.

Proverbs 16:9 In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps.

Lord,

I know from past experience that the feelings and thoughts associated with a mission trip fade in intensity. The faces loose details. We come home and we feel like we will never forget...but then life steps in. Today my facebook post was about the today list before me...laundry, suitcases, carpets, pool, and yes bills to pay with a shoestring budget. I want to keep the passion and the vision for South Africa before me. I want to wake each morning excited about the day's "to-do" list. Help me to remember each day is a day you have ordained. The joy of my family...my friends...my church...the now.

Today I am thankful that I have some money for food and shelter. Many don't.

Today I am thankful for clothes to wash in a washing machine and dryer. Many don't have clothes. Many don't have washers.

Today I am thankful for the suitcases that took us to your destination...South Africa. For your total provision in getting us there.

Today I am thankful for a home that is cool, warm and more than we deserve.

The flame comes in my attitude. For my present and my future.

The flame comes in your word. That is timeless.

The flame comes in my time with you. This is essential.

I commit all I do today to you. I commit all we will do in the future to you.

Determine our steps today and in the future.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...