Children caring for children

Children caring for children
Abba... Heavenly Father to the fatherless

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Day 92: Let my cry come to You, O Lord.

Let my cry come to You, O Lord. Give me understanding because of Your Word. Let my prayer come to You. Help me because of Your Word. May praise come from my lips for You teach me Your Law. May my tongue sing about Your Word, for all of your Word is right and good. May Your hand be ready to help me, for I have chosen Your Law. I have much desire for Your saving power, O Lord. Your Law is my joy. Let me live so I may praise You, and let Your Law help me. I have gone from the way like a lost sheep. Look for Your servant, for I do not forget Your Word. Psalm 119:169-176

The first portion of this scripture resonates within me! It grabbed me and I was riveted to this passage. Yesterday I was struggling but as I worked in the yard, praying, thinking and sweating, I said to the Lord, "Lord, help me! I can't keep fighting this. It's crazy. I'm obsessed it seems. I need your word." And this scripture came to me, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make straight your path." Then I began to sing a children's song with that scripture. All day that verse brought peace. As I began to battle I began to recite and humm....

Thank you Father that your word brings such peace. Your word is the sword of our battle.

"Be still and know that I am God"....so hard for me to do in obedience because I am a fixer....so I must "trust you with all my heart" to be obedient.

May my tongue sing about Your Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...