Children caring for children

Children caring for children
Abba... Heavenly Father to the fatherless

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Day 89: I Know & I Weep & I Choose

After reading these scriptures:

Indeed, in our hearts we felt the sentence of death. But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God, who raises the dead. He has delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us. On him we have set our hope that he will continue to deliver us, as you help us by your prayers. Then many will give thanks on our behalf for the gracious favor granted us in answer to the prayers of many. 2 Corinthians 1:9-11

I thank God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. Philippians 1:3-6

I urge you, brothers, by our Lord Jesus Christ and by the love of the Spirit, to join me in my struggle by praying to God for me. Romans 15:30

So they took away the stone. Then Jesus looked up and said, "Father, I thank you that you have heard me. I knew that you always hear me, but I said this for the benefit of the people standing here, that they may believe that you sent me." John 11:41-41

I wrote in the side lines of my study:

Fear brings the determination to go to the Lord in prayer, but with a confidence. Trust is being sure our prayers are being heard and God is persuaded, induced by our cry to move. To strive together in prayer includes the agony felt as we petition before God. As we cry out to him.
It is not that I don't have faith that my Father in Heaven hears and is persuaded that I cry. I cry because I know his answers don't always bring an easy path. As the song says, "You give and take away, you give and take away, my heart will choose to say, Lord blessed be your name."

I believe and sometimes I'm afraid of the answers. I trust you, but I know the road of discipleship is hard-painful- and that is what brings the tears. But, my heart will choose to say, Lord blessed be your name. (I have posted the song on my blog.)

I am sensing that I need to set aside one morning a week to fast and pray before my Lord. To cry, laugh, and most of all be still in his presence. Will my heart be determined to follow through. Tuesday mornings....blocking it off on my calendar now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...