Children caring for children

Children caring for children
Abba... Heavenly Father to the fatherless

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Day 125: Learning

It's been a while since my last entry. What has God been teaching me?
  • I still must pray for whomever he prompts me to pray for.
  • He is faithful and all I can do is trust Him
  • She is not an extension of me. She is independent, strong, and leaning in close to her Savior
  • Transition  = change = loss = grief ~ grieve well.  Accept the changes and realize it will be hard. When we go to Africa I will grieve what I leave behind...but I must look to the future...to our calling there.
  • In the storm, when I am afraid, my savior is walking and sees.When I cry out to him he will come.

Mark 6:48    He saw His followers were in trouble. The wind was against them.  They were working very hard rowing the boat.  About three o'clock in the morning Jesus came to them walking on the sea. He would have gone past them.. When the followers saw Him walking on the water, they thought it was a spirit and cried out with fear.  For they all saw Him and were afraid.  At once Jesus talked to them.  He said,  "Take hope.  It is I, do not be afraid."  He came over to them and got into the boat.

The words of this song are my prayer," Lord, give me faith to trust what you say...that your good and your love is great...I'm broken inside...I give you my life. I may be weak, but your spirits strong in me. My flesh may fail...but my God you never will!"

Lord, I need you...to settle my spirit. Lord I need you to stir my heart for the things that stir your hearts...to continue to ignite in me the passions you have for my heart. The children that have not heard...here...and in Africa.  Show me what to do here and now. God, help me to overcome grief with hope...sorrow with joy for the eternity of those that will meet you...Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...