Children caring for children

Children caring for children
Abba... Heavenly Father to the fatherless

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Day 127: Costly "Followership"

My made up word meaning to be a follower...and the art of following.
  • The disciples died. The cost of "followership"
  • Jesus died. The cost of "followership", following the direction of  God the Father. 
  • We die to self: leaving behind past dreams, plan A, family, material things, comfort, career, security. Cost of "followership."
Three years ago moving Becca, our youngest into her first college dorm on Campus East, I specifically heard you whisper as I grieved the thought of moving oversees and not being close to the children, "I have given you three children to raise and teach about me. They know me and I know them.  Will you not now go to my children that you do not yet know and teach them about me?"

Oh Sweet Grace,
Give each of us the strength to look forward to you and the joy of "followership."  Turn my head toward you when I want to look back, when I want to be stuck in the the now, and the world of "but what if."  When I don't see the future, my God focus my eyes and spirit on you, only you, so that I will find peace in you and assurance.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...