Children caring for children

Children caring for children
Abba... Heavenly Father to the fatherless

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Day 131: Shuffle Your Buns :)

There's a game we use to play when we were active in youth ministry many years ago, called "shuffle your buns."  There is a circle with one less chair then people buns. The leader calls "go" and everyone starts scooting or shuffling their buns around the circle until "Stop" and the one without a seat for their buns is out. It gets rather wild and crazy!

The point of this past memory? I'm living "shuffle your buns" but I know I'm the one that will in the future be without a chair in this circle.  I attended a telecast conference at our associational office the other week where one of the speakers said, transition = change = loss = grief therefor grieve well.     As I shuffle my buns from the second chair to the third chair I have worked through the sense of loss and  grief  and now I am emerging on the well side.  I'm excited about what God is doing in our midst and I see his timing in the details. We are shuffling our buns in relation to our roles in the lives of our children. From parent to coach to cheerleader.  I grieve here also...but am thankful for the emerging relationships and how God is using them. His plans for their futures.

My challenge? How do I stay in the moment, the here and now, for the next season of my life?  God has us here and it is here we live, love, and minister.  We are praying for joy right now. Lonnie needs joy in his work place.  I need to continue developing those I'm with now,  focusing on what I am doing now and doing it well.

All at the same time as we "Shuffle our buns" towards the next phase of our lives.

With God's help we will do well.  Psalm 60:12

Abba,
We will do well but only with your help. Thank you for helping us see you are work around us. Help us to see you at work in the personal details of our lives...finances, housing decisions, to-do lists.  Oh! God thank you our neighbor put up a section of his fence that needed to be replaced so badly! Check...you took care of that one!  Yes! The details, Lord. The small things that we can so easily miss.  I love it when you show me yourself in the smallest of details.  Thank you for your help....continue to help us shuffle our buns well.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...