Children caring for children

Children caring for children
Abba... Heavenly Father to the fatherless

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Day 128: Activity vs Identity

Sarah (Abraham's wife) is someone I can relate to.  When life was creeping along and the hope the child seemed to race past her as time passed she thought she could help God out and took things into her own hands.  Ouch! It didn't turn out so good for her...neither does it turn out good for me!  When the three visitors came to their home and Sarah heard the Lord tell Abraham I'm coming back in a year and Sarah will have a child...she laughed at the absurd thought of her aged body bearing a child. Even when the Lord called her out on it she lied and said she did not laugh.   It is during this visit that the  famous statement..."Is anything too hard for the Lord? No!" is found. Sarah's pain of not having a child was so overwhelming to her that she could only focus on God's apparent activity and not His identity.

There have been critical times in my life that I have focused on my ability to see God's activity rather then focusing on God's identity. He cares for me. He keeps his promises. He is all powerful. He is all knowing.

Lord, help me!
Help me to trust in your Identity and not where my human eyes are able to see your Activity at work.
Help me to recall your faithfulness and love to us in the past.  Not only in my life but in the lives of our children.  Genesis 6:18
Help me to cling to your promises even when I don't understand.
Help me to live in the unknown...for your ways are not may ways ... I won't understand it all...I have Faith in who you are...you are God.
Amen

Because I Love Josh Wilson's song...Before the Morning....I posted it below. It helps me to keep focus that God is always at work and there is joy in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...