Children caring for children

Children caring for children
Abba... Heavenly Father to the fatherless

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day 132: The problem demonstrates His Power

2 Corinthians 12:7 -10

7To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. 8Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.


Why would God call us into a ministry so far away with seemingly impossible challenges both before we get there and after? Why would there be such an uphill struggle, financially, to be prepared to live entirely on God's provision for 5 years? God is in this right?

Because in this manner He will receive all the honor. Nothing will be because of our wise choices. Nothing will be because of our education. Nothing will be because of the financial state of our economy. It will all be because of who God is...he is God of all things.

I'm beginning to see it more clearly. For the first time I notice  Paul say, " This problem was a messenger from Satan, sent to beat me and keep me from being too proud."   Satan sent it...it was a beating and boy do I feel beat...but the purpose is for God's glory to keep me from being proud.  The Lord told Paul, "My grace is enough for you. When you are weak, my power is made perfect in you."  This is such an opportunity for God to shower his grace and show his mighty power. 

Father,
Thank you for your continued reminder that it is not by our power we will be on the mission field...it will be by your grace and power.  I know that when I'm there and in the dark moments of mission work it will be the miraculous power and miracle of your provision that affirms our calling there.  This financial problem will be a blessing and a reminder of our calling. It will lead us back to recall your grace.  Continue to provide even a few sections of fence...your grace.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...