Children caring for children

Children caring for children
Abba... Heavenly Father to the fatherless

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Day 120: Text Messages?

Can God demonstrate his presence at the very moment through a text message? Absolutely! And, he did.

Recently I prayed that the Lord would make me aware of specific times Rebecca might be spiritually struggling so that I could specifically be praying for her during those times. I needed the Lord to help me since distance prohibited me from seeing her to know how she was doing.

I had just finished my Bible reading for the day. I had felt impressed by one scripture I read and was in the process of texting it to her:

"The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart.  And He saves those who are broken in spirit." Psalm 34:18

In the middle of typing the text I received a text from her saying "today's a hard day, pray extra today okay"

Oh Lord, thank you! That I could tell her you are present with her...in the moment...you go before her... and show yourself even through text messaging.  Thank you for stepping into our life at that moment. Praise you for showing me that you hear the prayers of this momma. You are real and present. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...