Children caring for children

Children caring for children
Abba... Heavenly Father to the fatherless

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Day 119: Behind Me

Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."
Isaiah 30:21

I have known this verse and read it many times. Yesterday, however, I believe Holy Spirit gave me a deeper understanding.  This verse is so closely tied to "Faith" and "Trust."  

When I see the Lord ahead of me I can follow and I know where he is going. I know it is safe and Him because I can see him...follow his path that has been laid out before me by his footprints.

When I know the Lord has come alongside of me...I can feel his shoulder, his physical presence. If he moves from side to side, changes the pace of our steps, or pauses and stops...I know it because he is right there and I can feel it.

This verse speaks to the Lord's voice being behind me. He is not in front and visible, he is not beside and felt, He is behind and only my ears can hear his voice...

But from behind...God, you have my back! You can warn me of attack so that I can move in a safe direction.

The challenge? Being able to discern my Lord's voice. To know it so well that I know it is him. To tune out the clatter of other's voices and the lies so I can hear the voice regardless of how gentle or loud it is.

Faith? Yes. Knowing the voice without seeing or feeling.
Trust? Yes. Based on past experience I can trust  that it is my God speaking.
Action? Yes. To move, walk, in the way my Lord has directed.

Lord, I want to hear your voice and move in your direction. I pray you will help me to know your whisper from behind...and respond in obedience. Thank you that you have my back. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...