Children caring for children

Children caring for children
Abba... Heavenly Father to the fatherless

Monday, February 7, 2011

Day 118: The Gift of Wipers

It's been a tough 24 hours. Spiritually challenging. Repeating to myself, "My God is not cruel. My God has the best plan. There is a spiritual battle. God she needs you. God, he needs you. Young. Wise. Hurt." And above all the turmoil in my spirit I still hear my Father whisper

....Be still and know that I am God.   Be still and see me work.   Be still and I will fight for her. Be still and know I am working in his life. Be still and pray. Be still .......

Scripture that still resonates within me...

Wait for the Lord. Be strong. Let your heart be strong. Yes, wait for the Lord. Psalm 27:14

The Lord will fight for you; You need only be still.  Exodus 14:14

For the eyes of the lord range throughout the earth to strenthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him. 2 Chronicles 16:9


So many praying today...and a simple few words reminded me of the power of prayer, "I have an unexplainable peace today."   Thank you Father.

An emotional 24 hours was followed by awareness that the car is acting up and needs work. This on the heals of new tires and broken door handle.  So I take the truck to a meeting. It begins to rain...turn on the windshield wipers and nothing...no movement...won't work.  Choice: blow up an engine or drive without wipers.  I choose no wipers. As I'm driving the rain gets harder.

I pray, "Lord, I know you are real. I know you are protecting us. I know you love her. I know you are not a cruel God.  But God, right now I really need these wipers to work. I need to see you active in the little things in my life....please make these windshield wipers work...please God."

In a few short minutes the wipers began their rhythmic sweep of the windshield.  Oh, Lord, you heard my plea! Thank you! Thank you for affirming your presence in our lives.

Another song that speaks to my heart over the past week:




Lord,
Continue to bring "an unexplainable peace" to those crying out to you.. Praise you for the revelation of your presence.  Thank you for the gift of the wipers! I needed to see your presence in my life through the little things. I will be still and wait for you...prayerfully waiting to see you at work. Give Lonnie and I wise counsel. Holy Spirit help us to know what and when to pray specifically.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...