Children caring for children

Children caring for children
Abba... Heavenly Father to the fatherless

Monday, May 30, 2011

Day 139: Jehovah-The Self-Exsistent One

Kay Arthur writes: "When you need assurance that God is there, that He will keep His promises without changing-even though you have wavered in your promises to Him--run to your Jehovah.  Trust in His name. It can't change because He can't change. He is Jehovah--the same yesterday, today, and forever (Hebrew 13:8).  (Lord I Want to Know You, p. 50)

Jehovah, my Jehovah...forgive my melting point last night. I sunk deep in asking "Have we messed up our lives so much Lord that you can make this work? Am I such a horrible servant leader of yours that people can't see you in me?"   In the moments of  confusion, defeat...I couldn't see you. The pace is intense with the list overwhelming. I don't know how much harder to work...what else to do...and then there is the feeling of one step forward only to be shoved back 2 or even 3 steps.  From financial mountains to prepare for your calling...to leadership challenges that break my heart. The cost of leading that means I must do what is your will even when I don't understand. And what I hear in my heart is this is the cost of following you. Obedience. Pure obedience.  "Pick up your cross and follow me"

"The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still." Exodus 14:14.

Lord, I hear your words speak into my soul.....Debbie, I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. . You said, "You are my servant, Debbie; I have chosen you and have not rejected you. So, Debbie, do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strenthen you, Debbie, and help you.  I will upohold you with my righteous right hand."  Isiah 41:9-10

Amen...let it be...forgive my weary soul...fill my heart.    Thank you Father as I prayed this prayer the song below played on my iPod....You hear me...you know the whispers of my heart...you are my El Roi.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...