Children caring for children

Children caring for children
Abba... Heavenly Father to the fatherless

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Day 140: Can't tell me God doesn't see me!

The Story-in a nutshell

Our daughter is moving from one townhouse into another. She needs her dad and I to come with the 1993 very faithful pickup truck to help with the move. We were scheduled to go on the Sunday of Memorial Day Weekend after worship services and come home  Memorial Day evening. Plans changed as her move-in was delayed. Instead, we left Tuesday afternoon at 2:30 planning to return Wednesday night late. The chain of events:
  • Leave home at 2:30... truck is old and has no air conditioning or working radio so we are happily trucking along with the  windows down just chatting away on a hot 90 degree summer day. Actually enjoying the ride and each other.
  • 30 minutes away from our destination at 6:00 p.m. Lonnie say: "Look at the speedometer...it is jumping up to 90 miles an hour...the other gauges are going crazy too...
  • pull over at gas station/market...as pull in steam rolling from under the hood...this isn't good.  Seems like the alternator is fried.
  • Lonnie goes in and I start praying...text Becca to pray as well as others. I pray, "Lord, help us...thanks for getting us 11 miles from Bec but please help us."
  • Market lady no help...guy getting gas directs up to an Advance Auto 6 miles down road. Turn key on truck...hummm....turn again crank up....battery not dead.
  • Make it to auto parts, still open..yea God!  Free check of alternators...yea God! Alternator Fried...but they have one in stock...yea God! 
  • Who will repair it? Praying now for a good mechanic...not a rip off artist. Send us to a shop another 5 miles away...will it be open? will we make it? It's open and we make it...yea God!
  • Shop open until 8:00 ...estimate of 7/10th of an hour to put in new alternator...it's 7:20 and they can get us in....yea God!
  • Oh, my cell phone is dying...actually dead.
  • Walk into a/c lounge...sit down...Gideon Bible beside me...electrical outlet beside me....Read Psalms and charge my phone...yea God!
  • 8:10...on our way to Becca! 12:15 am Thursday arrive safely back at home.
Wow, My El Roi - The omnipresent God that sees me...worked it all out. We didn't travel on a Sunday or Holiday when no one would have been open...yea God!  We weren't traveling back late at night and stranded on the side of the road Wednesday night...yea God!

El Roi,
Thank you that you do see and know we need your help. Thank you for the perfect timing of this as it greatly diminished my stress.  Challenges do come but I'm so blessed that this time you were helping us out! Lord, some will say this is by chance...I know it is not. Help me to recall this event when I might doubt your love and active involvement in our lives.
Thank you my Lord, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...