Children caring for children

Children caring for children
Abba... Heavenly Father to the fatherless

Monday, May 16, 2011

Day 136: A whirlwind

Life has been a whirlwind of Easter, Mother's Day, travel for conferences and recently Michael's graduation from college! So proud of him. We have him moved back home until August when he goes to Rome, Italy pursuing his dream of playing volleyball professionally. He finished his collegiate career as an All-American with two majors.  The hardest part is leaving Tracy and trusting for God's best in their relationship. They love each other so this season apart will be difficult.





Becca had to take state certification exam for teaching so couldn't attend Mike's graduation. We missed her but she was in our hearts.(Her daddy's arm is around her in the picture above:) She is saying good-bye to college friends graduating as well. Staying in Lynchburg this summer to do internships, train, rehab, summer school and work.  Changes there also.

James has applied to Seminary...back to graduate school if all goes well.

Lonnie passed his bench mark yesterday...he can officially retire from the city. He will stay another year until we have Bec through college.

Last week was a difficult leadership week for me. Perhaps the most difficult of my career.  Resting in the Lord's wisdom is all I can do.

Mission future is becoming more real with each passing week. I find myself going through the house and separating from "things"   I placed the ownership of our home(s) before the Lord. If he asks us to sell and go we will trust him with our future...He is El Elyon...Sovereign God over all. Brochure in final editing phase...budget coming together.

This passage ministered to my heart this morning with hope and purpose. Knowing my sovereign will make a way.  He made a way for Lonnie to attend a $400 training...amazing! Beginning now to equip my husband for His purposes in SA.

The verse:
Remember the former things long past, for I am God, and there is not other; I am God, and there is no one like Me, declaring the end from the beginning and from ancient times things which have not been done, saying, "My purpose will be established, and I will accomplish all My good pleasure"; calling a bird of prey from the east, the man of My purpose from a far country.  Truly I have spoken; truly I will bring it to pass.  I have planned it, surely I will do it."            Isaiah 46:9-11

Oh, Father, give me faith to trust what you, and eyes to see your hand molding our lives, providing at each step.  Help me to know your love in the difficult times. To follow when the cost of followership is high...spiritually, emotionally.  I thank you for our children...their love for you. Their character. Their Love for you.  My husband.  He is the man from the fa country. El Elynon I am thankful and trusting in you.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...