Children caring for children

Children caring for children
Abba... Heavenly Father to the fatherless

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Day 135: Good things

Deuteronomy 28: 2
All these good things will come upon you if you will obey the Lord your God.

In one leadership model I am in the D2 phase as a disciple. I am a learner that is overwhelmed, afraid, feeling incompetent. I don't know how we will accomplish what is before us. I don't know how we will even get there. We have made the sharp turn from blissful, excited ignorance...also called unconscious incompetence...into conscious incompetence. Painful.

In Deuteronomy Moses is preparing the people to enter the promised land. They will have to fight, and fight hard to overtake it. How must they have felt? Excited? Over whelmed? Nieve? My list could go on.

In some ways we are beginning a journey into our promised land. As I read the words of Moses to God's people I found comfort. Good will come to you  ~
  • in the city (Pretoria) and the country (SA)
  • to your children...praise you Lord!
  • the fruit of your ground and the young of your animals...in our work
  • in your basket and your bread pan ... you will provide our income
  • when you come in, and when you go out.....as we go and when we come back to the states. I don't have to worry about coming back and where we will live or where we will work to survive.
  • the Lord will send good upon you in your storehouses ... our savings and future needs
  • He will bring good to you in the Land the Lord your God gives you
and here is the condition....but you must keep the laws of the Lord your God and walk in his ways.  (v.9)

Abba,
Help us to walk in your way...to not be afraid...trapped by uncertainty, doubt, fear.  If we don't go we are disobeying you. I know this.  I also know that you make all things work together for our good and I praise you for that promise. When I am discouraged help me to refocus on you. Help me to tune out the lies and hear your truth. I thank you for your promises given in you words and to my heart.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...